Get in the habit of saving - there are lots of ways to save!
- Set aside money from each NM paycheck automatically with payroll deduction.
- Have a specific savings goal such as a vacation, down payment on a home, college expenses, real estate taxes, etc.? Open a separate account designated for that purpose. You can even give the account its own nickname. It’s easy with our online account opening capability!
- Set scheduled transfers
- Self service transfers via Virtual Branch
This account is required for membership. For NM employees, we’ll cover the $5 minimum balance requirement for you!
The savings account pays a higher dividend rate than comparable accounts elsewhere and has a low minimum balance requirement. Multiple savings accounts under the same membership are available for specific savings goals. Plus - you can nickname your accounts to make keeping track of your specific savings goals even easier!
The area's best money market rates and liquidity.
- Rates can change monthly.
- Low minimum balance of $1,500
- Minimum withdrawal $500
- Federally insured by NCUA with no market risk
- Can be used as overdraft protection on your NMCU checking account
Dividends are compounded daily and posted to the account monthly.
Certificates are similar to a certificate of deposit and offer competitive rates
. The account requires a minimum deposit of $1,000 and carries a 90 day dividend penalty for early withdrawal. Available terms for share certificates are one year, 18 months and two years. Dividends are compounded daily and posted to the credit union account of your choice quarterly and at maturity.
Holiday Club Account
The term for the Holiday Club Account runs from October 1 through September 30 each year. At maturity, funds, including a generous dividend, are transferred to your savings account.
Withdrawals prior to maturity result in the account being closed and accrued dividends forfeited. The account may not be reopened until the start of the new account term. Maximum balance of $7,500.
Individual Retirement Accounts
We offer three different types of IRAs:
- Coverdell Education Savings Account
Investment options include an IRA savings as well as the certificate options listed above. The credit union accepts 401k and IRA rollovers.